Sample Social Media Posts
- Are you ready to be a part of #weGiveCatholic? It’s a day to celebrate the good works of the Catholic Church of Northeast Ohio!
- Mark your calendars for November 27. It will be a day for everyone to support our campaign at [link to profile page]. #weGiveCatholic
- We’re getting ready for #weGiveCatholic! Join the conversation by following @weGiveCatholic and liking the #weGiveCatholic page on FB!
- Get ready to get up and give for #weGiveCatholic on November 27! Follow @weGiveCatholic to stay updated on Northeast Ohio's Online Day of Catholic Giving!
- One Day. Big Impact. Time to start planning for #weGiveCatholic on November 27.
- Together we can make a difference on #weGiveCatholic.[link to profile page]
- A little goes a long way when the Catholic community gives as one. Join us November 27 for #weGiveCatholic on #GivingTuesday!
- Tell us who inspires you to give this #weGiveCatholic giving day?
- Don’t wait! #weGiveCatholic on #GivingTuesday is today! [link to profile page]
- It’s time to show that the Catholic community of Northeast Ohio is full of generosity! On November 27, help us celebrate #weGiveCatholic!
- Help us get to the top of the #weGiveCatholic leaderboard! Donate here today: [link to profile page]
- Save the date: #weGiveCatholic is November 27! You can be part of the celebration by giving to your favorite nonprofit (which we know is us!). Visit www.wegivecatholic.org to find out more.
- We’re excited to be part of Northeast Ohio's Online Day of Catholic Giving on November 27 at www.wegivecatholic.org. Learn more by “Liking” @weGiveCatholic on Facebook.
- The real success of #weGiveCatholic will not be how much money we raise but the tremendous impact those dollars will have when we put them to work! Join the giving on November 27 at www.wegivecatholic.org.
- November 27 will be a historic day for everyone in your community to GIVE BIG! You can learn more about Northeast Ohio's Online Day of Catholic Giving and support our campaign at [link to your profile page]. #weGiveCatholic
- We’re so excited to be a part of #weGiveCatholic! You can support our campaign by visiting www.wegivecatholic.org and donating on November 27. #weGiveCatholic
- On November 27, you will have 24 hours (one day!) to give where your heart is! To support our campaign, go [link to profile page]. #weGiveCatholic
- We gave thanks on Thanksgiving, shopped on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, now we’re ready to #weGiveCatholic on #GivingTuesday – are you? Go to www.wegivecatholic.org and donate.
- Today is the day for #weGiveCatholic! Donations made to through www.wegivecatholic.org will make a difference. Make a donation, rally your friends and be part of Northeast Ohio's Online Day of Catholic Giving @weGiveCatholic.
- You’re invited to make a difference at #weGiveCatholic. Won’t you join us? Visit [link to profile page] anytime between 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, November 27. Your donation will go a long way in helping us [insert special projects/programs]. @weGiveCatholic
- The more donors we have, the greater the impact @weGiveCatholic! Prize money is available for our organization today if we have the highest number of donors between [enter timeframe]. Grab your cup of coffee and make a donation at www.wegivecatholic.org during our challenge hour.
- We’d love to get the most donations during #weGiveCatholic. Tell your friends and help us reach our goal. Send them to www.wegivecatholic.org and share this.The organization that receives the greatest number of donations from unique donors will win bonus prize money from the Catholic Community Foundation. Please help us win! @weGiveCatholic
- [Insert name] donated to us for #weGiveCatholic. 4 hours left and we’ve gotten [insert number] donations! Rally your friends and support [Name of Nonprofit] @weGiveCatholic.
Looking to get the word out with Facebook? This guide will help you get started and on the road to creating a successful strategy. If you’re new to Facebook, start by creating a Facebook Page for your organization.
Below is a list of ways you can begin engaging your community for #weGiveCatholic!
Get started by liking the #weGiveCatholic page. This will allow you to get updates, important information and tips for #weGiveCatholic. Also link to other participating organizations from your organization’s page.
Promote your Facebook page. Include a link to your Facebook page on your website’s homepage, newsletters, emails...basically everywhere and anywhere. Ask your staff members, board members, volunteers, and donors to like the page and help you promote it.
In your personal account, tag the page and ask your Facebook friends to check it out. Ask employees and board members to do the same.
Talk it up! Post interesting information about your organization and share success stories and photos. Ask your followers questions to engage them in dialogue. Remember to keep posts brief! You don’t want to lose your audience by presenting lengthy updates.
Tell everyone that your organization is participating in #weGiveCatholic. Be sure to tell people what it is all about by using some of the suggested messaging. Let them know how they can donate and ask them to spread the word.
Create a Facebook event. Invite your constituents to be part of #weGiveCatholic so that they can be reminded as the day gets closer AND see who else is participating. Also, tell people to invite others. It doesn’t matter whether or not you are hosting an event onsite; the whole day is worth celebration!
Review Facebook’s “Facebook for Nonprofits” guide. Facebook released a comprehensive guide on how nonprofits can get the most out of Facebook, including how to set up a page, tips on raising funds, and how to run an advertising campaign.
Do all of the above and repeat...again and again and again.
Want to quickly engage donors and share information about your fundraising efforts? Twitter is instant and efficient! If you’re new to Twitter, they offer a getting started guide for newbies.
Below you will find a few tips to help you have success.
Follow @weGiveCatholic’s Twitter account. Go to www.twitter.com/weGiveCatholic and click the Follow button. Now you can begin receiving and sharing information about #weGiveCatholic.
Follow other organizations and people. The organizations you follow should be those that you work with or who inspire you and your constituents. People would be your past donors, board members, volunteers and other key people in your community.
Tell your followers that you are participating in #weGiveCatholic. Tell your followers about your campaign and begin to build a story around the initiatives you’d like to support. Let them know about any incentive prizes you are trying to win and how they can help you do so. Use some of the suggested tweets provided.
Use Hashtags and Handles. Whenever you share information include the @weGiveCatholic handle and #weGiveCatholic to further spread your organization’s words. Show that you are a part of #weGiveCatholic by using the hashtag in all of your tweets. People who are interested in a particular event, person or business will follow the hashtag to stay up-to-date on any conversations around their topic of interest.
Don’t just follow! Become a part of the conversation. Let people know that you are out there and engaged. Respond to tweets like you are holding a conversation. You never know where this may lead.
Share pictures, videos and interesting content. Twitter is not just about your ‘words’. Pictures and videos draw people in, and sharing interesting articles about what you and others are doing shows that you are part of a community.
- 10 Twitter Best Practices for Nonprofits
- 10 Twitter Tips for Nonprofits
- 12 Types of Tweets Your Nonprofit Should be Sharing
Tweet, retweet and tweet again! (Especially on the day of #weGiveCatholic)